Quotes from successful or notable people can motivate us. Their real power leads in their ability to succinctly put into words a concept that is useful to us as leaders. Justin Cobb gave us a list of some of his favourite motivational quotes that keep him pushing his business to the next level.
- “Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you’re right.” – Henry Ford
- “Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears.” – Les Brown
- “I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” – Michael Jordan
- “Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve to death. It doesn’t matter whether you are a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you better start running.” – Thomas L. Friedman
- “The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity.” – Amelia Earhart
- “Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs.” – Farrah Gray
- “Entrepreneurship is living a few years of your life like most people won’t, so you can spend the rest of your life like most people can’t.” – Student of Warren G. Tracy
- “A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.” – Albert Einstein
- “The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred with dust and sweat; who strives valiantly, who errs and may fall again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” – Henry Ford
Justin Cobb is an international entrepreneur and business man, who spends a great deal of his time teaching others how to emulate his success.